- Topic 1
Investigating localised impacts of and responses to volcanic activity
Mr Carrera's set work for monday 7th February 2011
1) Health Impacts of a volcanic eruption. Read through the article. Make notes on the localised impacts of this eruption.
2) Read through this article. Answer the following question: Describe how eruptions on Montserrat are being responded to. (10).
- Topic 2
- Topic 3
What are the hazards associated with flooding?
A PowerPoint for this lesson can be found below.
Group A Causes of Queensland flooding
Group B Queensland flooding impacts
Group C Queensland flooding responses
http://www.ozcoasts.org.au/pdf/CRC/54-coombabah.pdf (search ‘urbanisation’)
- Topic 4
1) What is a river regime? Use Palmer and Yates to define this key term
2) Use the following resources to create a case study of a river regime in South Wales.
3) Why is understanding a river regime important?
- Topic 5
The flood hydrograph
1) What is a flood (storm) hydrograph? Define this key concept using this PowerPoint.
2) Use the following resources to construct a flood hydrograph
3) Why are flood hydrographs useful?
- Topic 6
- Topic 7
- Topic 8
- Topic 9
- Topic 10